Wednesday 3 March 2010

Gorgeous Vienna.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Here are some shots from Traveller's recent visit to Vienna.

The city is absolutely stunning; T thinks it is one of her favourites.

We loved and learnt so much at Schonbrunn Castle
{first two pictures}
Inside the castle is a tour of Austria's Royal history and it was ever so interesting, especially seeing portraits of Marie Antoinette and her sisters. The rooms were so lavish and intricately decorated.

We enjoyed touring the city and taking in sights such as the Kunst Haus {a major art gallery}, the Hofburg and the Natural History Museum.

We were also really lucky to watch a ballet of Romeo and Juliet in the Royal Opera House - it was such a beautiful performance. The orchestra were extraordinary and T's favourite part
{aside from the dancing}
was when the cast took many, many bows; while they were bowing, hoards of bouquets were thrown at them.

T has never before seen so many roses.
One of the best European experiences so far.

11 comments:

Taylor Sterling said...

so beautiful!! I just love it there!!

Jen said...

Sounds magical! I want to go right now. :-) Especially the ballet, I love the ballet.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That horse and carriage is SO COOL! Love it!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Looks beautiful. Love Vermeer.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Vienna is a lovely place. We were there a couple of years ago and I remain stunned and sure that its the cleanest city I've ever been to!!!! Looks like you had fun!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

Ive been to Vienna twice and this makes me want to go again!

Destination Inspiration said...

I've always dreamed of going to the ballet, hopefully one day...Everywhere looks so cold and all that snow? Wow. Love it

Melly Mel said...

Are these pictures for real? It looks incredible up there! Wow! I am amazed! You guys went to the ballet??????!!!!!! I would die to go there. If I had days to live, I would want to do what you guys just did. So jealous.

Glad you guys had a good time!!!

THanks for all your sweet comments. I love hearing from you!
xo

Trissa said...

I remember going to Vienna in high school - I somehow didn't enjoy it - maybe I thought it was too boring. How wrong I was! Your pictures - they totally proved me wrong. They are gorgeous.

E said...

Look at those horses huddled together...I bet it was refreshingly cold :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How very beautiful. We were just talking about visiting there this weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...