Wednesday 20 January 2010

Pie love you.

Lemon Meringue Pie
This Christmas, Traveller received a new cookbook to add to her collection, 'The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook'. And, boy oh boy, it is full of delicious recipes!

The Hummingbird Bakery is an institution in London. It is has two stores; one in Notting Hill and one in South Kensington. If you love cupcakes, then this is the bakery for you; it is choc-a-block full of cupcakes {red velvet, banana, pumpkin, etc} and every delicious full-sized cake that you have ever imagined.

To thank the gift givers, Traveller decided to bake them a treat from the book. After flicking through and considering her limited baking supplies,
{small London flat = small kitchen}
T decided to make an all-time-favourite - Lemon Meringue Pie!

Surprisingly, it wasn't too difficult to make, although T must confess that she did make the more simple recipe and saved the Italian meringue for a more confident day.

The verdict - a triumph!
{verdict according to gift-giver}

10 comments:

MikeyB said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MikeyB said...

I expect that we will see the Italian Meringue on the up coming celebrations! :P looks sooooo good!! can we just pop around for a slice?

Traveller said...

Hehe :) I'm not sure about the italian meringue - looks pretty tough! We would love you to pop around for a slice - but it's all gone! Perhaps I'll make it for you guys another time!

Jen said...

Isn't that the best feeling in the world? I tried brownies from scratch the other day. I posted some pics on my blog.

June said...

Wish I could send you some Meyer lemons so you could make another one. It looks wonderful!

Traveller said...

Jen - I'll have to check them out! Brownies are the best! June - Meyer lemons would be wonderful :)

E said...

Yay! I'm making a key lime pie today. I have all the ingredients just lined up and waiting for me in the kitchen :)

abigail said...

that looks delicious! I've never made a lemon meringue pie. I'll have to try it.

Traveller said...

Elizabeth and abigail - definitely try it :) Elizabeth - key lime pie is definitely on my list as the next pie to make! It's in my new cookbook as well!

Melly Mel said...

You did such a wonderful job! That is my ultimate favorite pie ever. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...